Vanya and the Green Knight
The Elven Gods
Aerdrie Faenya, primary deity of the avariel, goddess of the sky and winds
Sashelas, primary deity of the aquatic elves, oceans and great waters
Rillifane Rallathil, primary deity of the wood elves,
- the elven god of protection of woodlands and the guardian of the harmony of nature. His priests liken him to a giant ethereal oak tree so huge that its roots mingle with every other plant, which stands in the heart of Arvanaith. The Leaflord is quiet, reflective and enduring over eons unchanged. He is the least flighty of the Seldarine, the least likely to act on a whim, and often grave and self-absorbed.
Corellon Larethian, God of the Sun, “First of the Seldarine,” leader of the pantheon and primary deity of the elves.
- The Creator of the Elves and The Protector, is the patron god of all fey. He governs healing, magic, music, arts, crafts, poetry, and all of the trappings of elven high culture and civility. He blesses those who aid others and becomes angered at those who defile the dead.
— James M. Ward created Corellon Larethian for the Deities and Demigods Cyclopedia (1980).
Corellon has been altered slightly for purposes of this campaign: his warlike aspect has been transferred mostly upon his brother Luciar.
Luciar Larethian, God of the Moon, “He Who Stands Alone in the Dark,” god of hunting, wilderness, survival and bravery
- Lucerne is a made up, non-cannon to D&D deity that combines aspects of Sehanine Moonbow, death goddess and moon goddess and patron goddess of grey elves and Solonor Thelandira, god of hunting. He began as a lawful good deity and patron of grey elves, but through time and after the betrayal of his brother, he has become chaotic (though still good), and now he accepts all races among his followers.
His signs are the moon, especially the full moon. A wound on the side, like the fangs of a spider. A silver dragon. A lance. Any depiction of hunting. He’s the god of the hunt.
The Dark Seldarine consists of:Lolth, formerly Araushnee of the Seldarine, primary deity of the drow.
- formerly elven goddess of destiny and artisans. She was the lover of Corellon and had him completely smitten by her grace and beauty but she grew power-hungry and a sense of never-before seen greed and cruelty entered into her mind. She began by aiding, in secret, Corellon’s enemies.
- Corellon had no idea that his beautiful consort was behind the attacks but Luciar had found out the truth after discovering that Araushnee had started an affair in an effort to win aid for her upcoming rebellion. Luciar learned of the affair and the plot, and confronted Araushnee, only to find himself imprisoned. He eventually escaped, and arrived only just before the attack to warn his brother. Araushnee was defeated and cast into the Abyss along with both of her children (despite the fact that Corellon knew Eilistraee had been tricked). Araushnee’s banishment also involved Corellon turning her into a bloated spider demon so that he could not be persuaded to reconsider his decision due to her beauty.
Vhaeraun, Lolth’s son and patron deity of disaffected male drow.
- known as the Masked Lord and the Masked God of Night, is the drow god of thievery, drow males, and evil activity on the surface world. His worshipers include assassins, male drow and half-drow, poisoners, shadowdancers, rogues, and thieves.