Vanya and the Green Knight
The Ring of Trees
Standing it what could be the Dream Realm, or Ravenloft, or in a odd between of worlds and the Mist of Ravenloft, or all the above or none of the above, there is a forest.
In that misty, spooky forest was a ring of trees where Koit, the vistani boy seer, and Konstantine could and did meet and enjoy friendship and gentle starts of company together. It was a ring of six trees which they together walked around and named, and these names were taken in as TrueNames, so changed the form and function of from dark and strange to living and bright.
- “The fallen one on which I sat shall be Hopewait.”
::which is how I think of you::
its the one to which they are still closest
Hopewait would have manycolored acorns
- “Then to the left and closest will be Luckwright, that we may both make ours better and find each other’s friendship again many times
Luckwright would have gold veins
- “I name this Auntie Maudlin, for it has a similar beard and it holds its arms up in alarm. May it keep as suspicious a watch over this place, always safe from any lurking thing.”
Auntie Maudlin would have creaking joints
- “Then if she be our eyes, this brilliant and stately fellow may be our inspiration and strength. Sophrion, wisdom on his serene brow , and power in his long boughs. A hero whom will know the difference of her complaints and her truths, and break down any such lurkers when she finds them. " ::: a lord of lords and sorrow….like Tirion the fair elf spoken of by the foriegners. ::
Sophrion would have a solt silver glow
- Of the one with a large hole in the stump Koit would say “Baybrand who will echo our voices to each other, and hold messages if need be.”
Baybrand would go brindled as a hound
- " Baba Laukas, with fruits of wisdom and mother fruits to see all her family is fed and rested, with whatever spells she hides away in her book beneath the hearthstone,"
Baba Laukas would get ripe fruits that never belonged on oak trees, in places one has to climb to